Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Freeman Out, Glennon In


(Photo courtesy of: bucsnation.com)
(Photo courtesy of: bucsnation.com)
The Bucs have finally pulled the trigger. Josh Freeman is out and Mike Glennon, the rookie, is in. I don't want to sit here and say that I told you so, but I told you so. In fact here it is word for word from my original QB competition post, "Tampa Bay Buccaneers - I don't think there is a competition here but there should be. Mike Glennon can flat out play the game. He can make all of the throws and frankly I think the Bucs need a change of pace. Freeman simply isn't getting it done and with the rise of the Panthers looming, the Bucs are in danger of becoming the cellar dweller of the NFC south if they stick with the sinking ship that is Josh Freeman." I said this in the preseason so I can not believe it took the Bucs this long to make this change. Never the less, the deed is done and the age of Glennon will now commence. Don't be surprised if the Bucs look to deal Freeman, assuming Glennon doesn't perform worse than Freeman. But lets face it, that is pretty dang hard to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment